Friday, January 27, 2012

Has anybody used IRIS OCR software? do you scan and import to it or is it a scanning program? is it easy to us

I use Read Iris Pro 11. It allows you to scan directly to it or use a previously stored image. You can have it automatically analyze your document (pick out text and graphics) or you can click and drag blocks around the text and graphic areas you are interested in. That's the way I use it. You select the application you want the text to go to. I always select Microsoft rtf.



I did not find it intuitive. It took me some time to figure out how to use it effectively. I still don't know all the ins and outs. I use it to create Microsoft Word documents from scanned images. It is amazingly accurate. I even scanned a document that had coffee spilled on it. I thought I would have to retype those areas but it got everything perfectly.



In spite of the trial and error approach, I love it, can't live without it.

Has anybody used IRIS OCR software? do you scan and import to it or is it a scanning program? is it easy to us
you need to scan and import it makes some errors so be sure to check thru after it is pretty easy to use just import, itll autoscan then let you make corrections then save it as a text doc

plants flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment