Monday, January 30, 2012

When will my dutch iris's do something other than look like tall grass?

I planted them last fall, like you're suppose to, but they just look like 2 feet tall grass blades. If I didn't know I put them there, I'd think it was grass.

When will my dutch iris's do something other than look like tall grass?
I have a huge clump of dutch iris...its at least 4 foot wide and gets over 4 foot tall when blooming.

It is 8 years old and has taken many years to get as big and productive as it is. It started out looking like small blades of grass too...so be patient!!



It will take at least 3 years to be covered in blooms but after that the plant base will take off. It is worth the wait...I have more friends and neighbors want slips of it than any other plant in my yard.
Reply:Before yo know it, they'll be sending up spikes with buds and you'll have an awesome display of iris. They may be sparse this year but they grow on you :).



The Muse


No comments:

Post a Comment