Monday, January 30, 2012

What is your favorite Iris color & what color theme are you using for flowers this year?

I did mine in the salmon and silver last year. What color should I do this year? In annuals that is. I am not using the zonal geraniums because I thought it took too long for them to get full even with fertilizer.

What is your favorite Iris color %26amp; what color theme are you using for flowers this year?
There are so many gorgeous colors of iris, it's hard to choose! I love the numerous yellow and gold ones. What came with this house though, are the pale lavender ones. I hope to get some darker purple and violet ones to mix in with them. My house is painted a sunny yellow, so they should go nicely with it.



As for other flowers, any color goes! I prefer a rainbow to a set color scheme.
Reply:I like white iris, with yellow falls. I plant a lot of bulbs and perennials, so my color scheme is pretty constant from year to year. I do red, yellow %26amp; orange with white accents. I live way up north (Montana), so I like bright flowers, our growing season is fleeting. This year I have been seeing a lot of really beautiful corals in annuals, they would work in a brights scheme like I have, but would also look great with blues/purples. If you prefer subtle, corals would look great with whites, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment