Monday, January 30, 2012

I dug up my iris tubars and don't know how to store them till I want to plant them again any suggestions?

Make sure you keep them dry!!!!



Thats what the peat moss is for, but dont put them in a damp basement or closet as the dampness will cause them to rot.



And in the future, dont dig them up!



Leave them in the ground until you are ready to move them. Especially as they are still growing at this time of year and storing energy for the winter.

I dug up my iris tubars and don't know how to store them till I want to plant them again any suggestions?
you should store the bulbs in peat moss in a box, in a dark cool environ such as a basement , till you want to plant again.
Reply:wrap them in cloth to keep the air off them and put them in a cool, dark place........not in the sunlight


No comments:

Post a Comment