Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm needing some tips on planting some hummingbird vines and wild iris seeds?

We have honeysuckle on our fence that draws lots of hummers each spring and summer. If you have lots of rainfall in your area (zone), the honeysuckle can get out of hand. But if you live with dryer summers, the honeysuckle will not give you trouble.



Go to this link for information about wild iris seeds:

http://www.prairienursery.com/store/inde...



I don't know if it is the same thing, but one of these is listed as poisonous. Before you plants your seeds, please check with a nursery.



Happy gardening!

I'm needing some tips on planting some hummingbird vines and wild iris seeds?
You don't say where you live #1. #2 I haven't a clue where you are planting, soil type, direction, etc...



Sooooo.... I'll take a stab at it....

Hummingbird vine (?) as I know it can be any type of vine with a flower that has a deep center. Think bouganvillea, trumpet vine, morning glory. The redder the better. As for iris "seeds" I've never seen any. I have always planted them from bulbs. You can get them locally at Home Depot....
Reply:Kim:



Mummers love tubal flowers or flowers that have a large bloom that is deep in depth as in Morning Glories etc.

Iris is wonderful as is roses and etc. Usuall anything that

smells good and is some bright color.


No comments:

Post a Comment